We know that to obtain adequate rest we must meet a series of conditions, such as respecting the number of sufficient hours of sleep, maintaining a stable routine -without sudden fluctuations in schedules-, avoiding the last-minute consumption of stimulating substances, ignoring tech devices before sleep due to the action exerted by the light of the screens or find the appropriate posture. In addition to all these keys, the food and the products that we take to the mouth before sleeping are also an important variable that you must take into account.
First, remember that binge eating, dine too late and get into bed right away or opt for a dinner too heavy and plentiful or too spicy, fat or sugar will not have any flattering effect when sleeping, may cause nightmares and indigestion . Of course, going to bed without dinner is not a recommended practice either. The ideal thing is to opt for a balanced solution and prepare a light and healthy dinner, which produces a feeling of fullness and is composed of low-fat foods with easy digestion. In addition, it is advisable to wait around two hours to get between the sheets.
Today we want to recommend some foods rich in tryptophan, an amino acid necessary to produce serotonin and melatonin, whose levels have a direct influence on sleep. Many foods rich in proteins contain it, such as meat and fish, nuts or eggs. You will also need fatty acids such as Omega 3, present in green leafy vegetables, salmon or walnuts. Then, write down what products should be a constant in your dinners to sleep well.
10 foods to sleep well
- Milk: Considered popularly as a remedy against insomnia from generation to generation, a cup of hot milk is the perfect complement to the day if you want to sleep well. This is due to the presence of tryptophan, which helps the neurotransmitters of the sleep cycle and calcium, suitable to assimilate this substance. And if you do not like milk, you can opt for yogurt.
- Cherries: These juicy and sweet stone fruits, high season in summer, are a natural source of melatonin, which in addition to contributing to the improvement of your sleep habits protect the heart, stimulate circulation, are the brain food par excellence and they have anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties.
- Honey: Add a teaspoon of honey to your milk bowl or your infusion will give you a hand to sleep, as it contains glucose, which tells the brain that it must decrease the function of orexin, a substance directly related to wakefulness.
- Dark chocolate: In addition to eating it weekly contributes to better brain function, dark chocolate, rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, stimulates the production of serotonin, which allows your body and mind to relax before sleeping.
- Oatmeal: Also recommended for breakfast, it is essential for your cardiovascular system and stimulates the production of melatonin, helping you to fall asleep.
- Banana: This fruit, considered a superfood due to its enormous nutritive richness, also provokes the stimulation melatonin and serotonin, keys for the quality of sleep. Its content in magnesium and potassium, substances that act as muscle relaxants and nervous, make the banana a delicious dessert or snack for dinner.
- Turkey or chicken meat: Among all the meats, these are characterized by being low in fat, with a high protein value, rich in tryptophan and easy to digest. They are ideal for light dining and guarantee a splendid dream.
- Whole wheat bread, rice and pasta: Carbohydrates in moderate rations and cone-linked with proteins are induce sleep because they enhance the use of tryptophan for the secretion of serotonin and melatonin.
- Nuts and almonds: Among the multiple benefits of eating nuts is their ability to induce a restful sleep because they contain tryptophan and magnesium. In addition, the contribution of polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as linoleic acid, favor the prevention of insomnia.
- Herbal infusions: Teas such as chamomile, lemon balm, lavender, passionflower, lime, or lemon is characterized by its relaxing and sedative properties that help your body achieve faster sleep and get a better rest.