The world of technology has its own tendencies and portrait mode is one of them. This mechanism to take photos has become one of the great stars of the iPhone camera, is also available on Android and has now also been adopted by apps such as Skype and, more recently, Instagram.
“In the past, the effect of “portrait mode” could only be achieved with good camera management or through apps and editing programs.”
The portrait mode focuses the focus of the camera on the features of the individual and generates a blurred effect in the background that gives a very professional touch. In the past, this effect could only be achieved with good camera management or through apps and editing programs. However, technology has advanced, and functions like these are just a click away.
That is why today in TreceBits we will explain step by step how you can activate the portrait mode of Instagram so that your selfies are in tune with the latest trends.
1. The first thing you have to do is open Instagram and select the camera icon located in the upper left corner.
2. Once you have selected the icon, Instagram will take you to your camera.
3. In the lower part of the camera you will find a slide bar where you can find different options for taking photos. There, slide until you find the “Focus” option, in the English version, or “Focus” in the Spanish version and select it.
4. When you have selected the “Focus” option, the phrase “Search for a face” will appear on the screen. At this point be sure to hold the phone at a distance from your face and, preferably, aligned straight in front of you.
5. Once the camera has identified the features of your face you will see how the background of the image begins to fade and the focus of the camera is seen on your face. This is the portrait mode.
6. You can readjust the position of the phone to ensure that the camera is focusing on you and when you are satisfied just select the white button in the middle and you will have your picture.