Did we like the first chapter of the eighth season of Game of Thrones? Much, from its new header (with hidden message?) To each and every one of the expected and not for that predictable reunions. But we also lived a shameful moment that cannot go unnoticed because visually is the most striking of the whole episode.
As a good starting chapter, rethink the action and project the great conflicts that we are going to face. That’s why, at the plot level, it did not make much sense to start with a super battle, which is where the largest budget item is traditionally invested. But we are facing the first bite of the end of the greatest television phenomenon of all time, and it was necessary to demonstrate that power that has triggered the numbers of the series to rise as the most expensive product in the history of television in this last season.
How have they done it? With a scene that seems written with the manual of romantic comedies. If you have already seen it, you will know exactly which one we are referring to. If not, beware that it is a total spoiler: the first flight of Jon Snow on the back of a dragon (which is still his cousin).
Why can not you see this whole scene without feeling shame?
- Because, much as it has been invested in special effects, there are several moments when the chroma sings and does not finish working.
- Because Jon has always had a stupid point, but his way to climb the dragon is total lingering.
- Because the looks of Danny to Jon during the flight in an adventurous complicity plan want to evoke Meryl Streep in Memories of Africa and stay more in Nicolas Cage in Con Air.
- Because the romance between the protagonists is taking such teen tints that do not fit the context of the series.
- Because the phrases like “Now I’m not going to like horses” or “Here it’s cold for a girl from the south… Well, shelter your queen” they give a tad of grimace and make us long for “You do not know anything, Jon Snow “, motto of the true love story that was forgotten.