Saving money sometimes becomes a difficult odyssey, but it is not impossible if you find the right method for your circumstances. In this article we review 5 of the most viral and effective tactics when trying to set aside money every month and improve your domestic economy.
Although the technology has come to stay, and put its two cents on the issue of saving-a good example is the appearance of fintech applications, the complications to save exist (almost) since the beginning of time, or the appearance of money. Whether to retire in better conditions, make a dream trip, invest in a project or reach the end of the month in a relieved way and be able to face unexpected expenses, there are several methods of saving enormous utility and that have been used by millions of people.
To put them into practice, you only need a notebook and a piggy bank, and you must maintain perseverance and willpower to prolong the methods over time and achieve the desired savings. Without making you wait any longer, we review those strategies that will help you fill your clay pig with coins and bills, be it for the skinny cows or for your most coveted whims.
5 effective strategies to save money
- Kakebo, the Japanese method by antonomasia: This traditional method from the Japanese country and known as “the book of household accounts” has revolutionized the high savings. In Spain it can be found and purchased by the Catalan publisher Blackie Books, which launched it in 2014. It is a kind of agenda to record your expenses and income, allowing you to reflect on your habits, learning to save and improving administration financial At the beginning of the month you must write the fixed income and expenses, how much you want to save and the promises of the month, recording the expenses of the month during the month and making a qualitative and quantitative balance afterwards. The Japanese consider Kakebo an instrument that favors the tranquility of the soul and releases mental energies.
- The moneybox of change: This old tactic is older than Methuselah and only requires a piggy bank, of those of all the life, that you will not be able to open or to break until it is totally full. It is about that you introduce in your interior the change of your purchases or habitual transactions. You can use different techniques: put only certain coins such as those of one dollar, allocate 10% of the change of the tickets or enter the money from the plans that do not come out. Thus, you will be pleasantly surprised when your clay pig overflows and you take the hammer to break it.
- The challenge of the 52 weeks: Although it is already famous in the Anglo-Saxon world, in our country it was popularized by María Pilar Amela in her book entitled Ahorradoras. Consists in saving in crescendo with respect to each week. In the first you only have to keep one euro, the second two, the third three and so on respectively. Thus, in the latter, the savings will be more complicated, with a peak of 200 euros per month. You can do it in an alternative way, starting at the end -and saving more at the beginning- or in a sauteed way, helping you with a card with 52 squares that you can cross out. The final result of this saving is a juicy 1,378 euros.
- Harv Eker Saving method: In the book entitled The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, T. Harv Eker proposes a simple system to distribute monthly income based on various percentages. It must be done every month in the following way:
- 55% for basic needs and supplies: here comes rent, bills, mortgage or food.
- 10% for savings: this percentage is untouchable and is what will allow you to raise money over time.
- 10% for training and personal development: from books to office supplies, courses or exhibitions.
- 10% for long-term investments: larger expenses that will be incurred in the future, such as obtaining a driver’s license, a family trip or renovating the living room furniture.
- 10% for leisure, entertainment and whims.
- 5% for donations.
- Method of envelopes: This tactic with many decades behind you requires that you collect all the money in cash to make accounts of your expenses during the month. Next, you must decide how you will divide the expenses and label envelopes, putting in each the amount destined to said section. Once the money is organized and distributed, you will know how much money is available for other less important or secondary expenses. Of that same amount you must apArtar 10% with the prohibition of touching it during the season that you stipulate.