The Internet of Things (IoT) is increasingly being implemented in more areas and industries, and in the coming years will be part of the daily life of all people.
The Internet of Things (IoT for its acronym in English) is being implemented in different industries, and is becoming more present in our lives. That is why you can make various predictions about your future both in the personal lives of people and in companies and businesses.
In the coming years, the Internet of Things will encompass all devices, whether cars, watches, televisions or appliances. Approximately 26,000 million devices will be connected worldwide by the end of this year 2019, according to Forbes.
These are the 5 most predicted predictions about the future of the Internet of Things:
- Most companies will implement the IoT: It is estimated that 85% of companies are implementing the Internet of Things this year. For example, mannequins that can communicate with customers’ smartphones in stores, sending information about the products they show. In addition, the connected machinery can send information on the status of the same, and serves to make a predictive maintenance.
- Devices will be more vocal: Electronic devices increasingly have more virtual assistants to help users and give more freedom of movement. Thus, the control by voice in smart domestic devices like the center Alexa of Amazon or Siri of Apple every time is being implemented in more domiciles and places of work.
- Data analysis in its own way: Many times the devices collect data but these need to be processed by the cloud. So when these devices are able to do their own calculations, for example, take into account only the megabytes of the images of a security camera where the important data is displayed, that is, when there is a suspicious activity, there would be more capacity in the cloud for storage and action would be faster.
- Artificial Intelligence as an ally to implement the IoT: Artificial Intelligence can train automatic learning algorithms to detect values in the data to alert of future problems. When the IoT networks are increasing in a complex way and in their size, they will need more and more of the developments of the AI and the automatic learning.
- 5G networks will expand the reach of IoT: This year the first 5G networks will be activated for consumers, a network 20 times faster than the current 4G. IoT depends on the speed and availability of data services. For example, the technology used by autonomous cars would benefit from having a greater bandwidth that will make them operate at optimal efficiency.