Advertisements

Bill Gates Says that this is the Best Investment He Has Made

Bill Gates has made many investments throughout his life, but considers that the best has done in the last 20 years during his career as a philanthropist.

Advertisements
Share Give it a Spin!
RSS
Follow by Email
Twitter
LINKEDIN

Bill Gates has made many investments throughout his life, but considers that the best has done in the last 20 years during his career as a philanthropist.

Many would say that the best investment that Bill Gates has ever made is in the technological field. However, the founder of Microsoft revealed that there is a much more rewarding sector in which to invest: the sanitary.

In a report published in The Wall Street Journal the businessman and current philanthropist described technology as a business of success or failure, but mostly failure. “I have always assumed that 10% of my technology investments will triumph – and they will triumph madly. The other 90% I hope they fail, “he explained.

When he left Microsoft to dedicate himself to his foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates did not believe that his success rate would increase too much. Instead of investing his money in the next unicorn startup, he was investing in vaccines. He assumed that these would be just as hard to find, but he was wrong: it was much more complicated.

However, after 20 years of investing in health, Gates has found the best investment he has made to date. They are about 10 billion dollars that he and his wife have invested in companies that are dedicated to transporting treatments to areas where they need them.

“It is not enough just to develop powerful new drugs. They have to go from the laboratory to hospitals, clinics and homes where people need them. That trip is not done automatically. Buying medical supplies and taking them where they are required may seem simple, even boring, but it is not. Saving lives in emerging countries usually involves bringing medicines to remote villages and areas at war, “Gates wrote.

Specifically, the money from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has gone to three large companies: Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, the Global Fund and the Global Polio Eradication Initiative. Although all are successful and, what is more, essential, most people do not know or know what they do.

Gates stresses that this is undoubtedly the best investment the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has made, and it is the best investment the world can make for the future.

Advertisements