Optimizing your blog for SEO may seem like a tedious task, but it is essential if you are looking to reach your audience and position yourself higher in Google. Review the five most frequent mistakes so as not to commit them again.
Having a blog is not an easy adventure: you have to find a profitable niche, document yourself thoroughly about the specialty to be seen, generate engagement through good writing techniques, optimize your landing page, have the best plugins, plan the monetization, have a digital marketing strategy, improve loading speed and, subject that concerns us today, work properly SEO.
By all it is known that what does not appear in Google does not exist, and in blogging this is not an exception. Thus, take care of the SEO of your blog is essential to reach your target, get the maximum possible juice to the content you generate and make money with your project. Today we want to review the five most frequent SEO errors committed by beginning bloggers so that you can correct them in time.
5 SEO flaws that you can not afford on your blog or website
- Keyword stuffing: Keyword stuffing, or whatever it is, including as many keywords as possible, is undoubtedly one of the most common SEO errors and an obsolete technique – and awkward for your potential reader – that You must abolish as soon as possible. Google can even penalize you, while offering a rather poor reading experience. Instead, work the long tail, focus on local SEO and focus on offering valuable content that encourages visitors to read the entire publication and become regular visitors.
- Do not write enough: Publishing frequently exact or irregular or writing articles too short can hurt you when it comes to attracting loyal readers and also in the eyes of search engines, which will identify your blog as a low quality product. Go deeper into the topics in which you are specialized, commit to recycling old content, diversify your blog, alternate various extensions of content, prepare analyzes, tutorials and practical guides or search for virality.
- Dense form and content: You are not writing for the search engines, but for a specific target audience, a potential reader hungry to answer your questions, find valuable information and read about a specialized niche. Do not try to show your knowledge with unnecessary jargon, but write content that can be easily understood and digested, adding value. For this, it is essential that the blog is visually attractive, has enough blank space and contains quality graphic material, such as videos, images and infographics.
- Do not include internal and external links: External links show search engines that their content is valid and relevant, improving the Page Rank and the authorship of the website. In addition to working on the linkbuilding strategy, internal links increase the average time spent on the page, reduce the rate of rebound and contribute to customer loyalty.
- Do not optimize title tags: Title tags are one of the most important aspects of rankings in search engines. Orient the tag towards a keyword, verifying its popularity and trying to include it within the first 60 characters of its title so that it is not cut in the search results pages of the search engines (SERPs). Do not forget about other tags like the meta description or the ALT attribute within the optimization of the images.