How can YouTube help get more traffic for your online store? Developing a marketing strategy on YouTube can contribute significantly to get customers and potential customers and increase traffic to your e-commerce portal.
“YouTube can play a key role in a company’s online marketing strategy.”
However, not everything goes, and it is not enough to open the YouTube channel and upload content from time to time. Creating effective videos for YouTube requires planning, taking into account the objectives that we set. In addition, it is necessary to make a significant investment, both time and money, to develop the contents.
Creating good videos for YouTube is not easy. Here we provide a series of tips that will help achieve marketing objectives through the effective use of YouTube.
- Create short videos: Although there is a certain tendency to produce long-term content, the truth is that the YouTube user does not have time to consume extensive formats. In fact, it usually “stings” from one video to another.
Two minutes can be a recommended extension – it always depends on what you want to tell – but above all you have to keep in mind that the first seconds will be the ones that call the attention – or not – of the user.
- To take care of the aesthetics of the channel: That the channel is in consonance with the online commerce to which we want to take traffic and clients is fundamental. If a user sees a video that interests them and accesses the channel to which they are hosted and the name of the store is clearly displayed, use the corporate colors in the images and visually offer a quality and coherent aesthetic, the impression that will be taken will be professional and will generate confidence.
Also, to encourage recall, it is advisable to change the name of the channel and the URL so that it is easily recognizable with the name of the online store.
- Be consistent: If you decide to open a YouTube channel, you have to be consistent with the way you produce content on it. The videos must follow the same line of argument and, above all, be published periodically on a regular basis, achieving loyalty to the users, who will wait for the day of publication with expectation knowing the type of content they will receive.
- Take care of the positioning: It is essential when uploading the video that all the fields that YouTube enables are carefully filled: title, description, keywords … All this will help to improve the positioning of the video within the platform and more people can access it because it appears in their search results.
- Use analytics. YouTube provides very complete statistical data of both the channel itself and each of the contents that are uploaded. Analyzing which videos work best will allow us to know which are the topics that most interest the users, the best times and days of publication, which generates comments … and with that information, it will be easier to decide what should be published in the future.
- Divide the video. Share the video uploaded on YouTube on other channels is essential to get more audience. You can share a “teaser” of the content in other social networks, publish the video on the website or embed it in a corporate blog. Since important resources have been allocated to the creation of video content, we must maximize its use and make the investment profitable.