Videos are the content of the future, and begin to be the present. Users react more favorably to the material presented in this way on different platforms, and you just have to take a look at the latest news from the main companies to understand that the videos will govern the relationship between customers and companies, if they do not already . IGTV Instagram, Facebook Watch or the streaming service of Twitter mark a path that brands can and should take advantage of.
“Videos with subtitles and labels inform the user quickly about the content and its duration.”
Knowing that users will associate content with the brand’s own nature, it is necessary to think carefully about what content will be published in the short and medium term in social networks to give, in the long term, a perfect overlap between some values and our logo. And this can also be done with videos.
Leaving aside the type of content, it is clear that first we must know how to identify the type of audience and the niche where the business has a place, to study the customer and adapt the content to those interests and tastes. Having clear who we are targeting and what we want to contribute, some premises can be taken into account when publishing video content.
How to Create a Brand’s Online Strategy Using Videos
- Short and simple videos. According to a recent study, users are the first who do not want complications: short and simple videos receive more attention than those produced and edited professionally.
- Schedule direct shows. To solve doubts or as a meeting point between the brand and users, setting a day and time a week in which users know that they will be actively listened to and receive feedback on their questions or proposals is interesting and costs nothing. A solid Internet connection and Instagram or Facebook account will be all we need.
- Add subtitles. Users can not always listen to a video with audio for various reasons: they are on public transport or at work, they do not have helmets or, simply, they do not want to hear it. To capture their attention in the same way, including subtitles will make them receive the same message whether they read or listen, and it is a good gesture to make the brand accessible to users with hearing disabilities.
- Include signs. If the video does not include clearly and concisely what is going on at the beginning, it is very likely that users decide not to see it. To specify is important: if we make a video of five easy tricks to decorate a house, that label must go before the video, including the time of visualization or the duration of the experiment that develops in the video.
- Create own content. Although from time to time it is legitimate to publish YouTube content if the author is cited, the user does not want reposts but new content. That implies more work but also a greater reward.