Advertisements

WiFi Marketing, Goodbye to Traditional Advertising

Companies of the likes of Google, PayPal, NetFlix, Apple and Amazon have reached the point where they are thanks to marketing investments much lower than traditional companies used to do.

Advertisements

Companies of the likes of Google, PayPal, NetFlix, Apple and Amazon have reached the point where they are thanks to marketing investments much lower than traditional companies used to do. This has been possible through technology, social networks, the empowerment of its employees, agile logistics processes, electronic payments and many more elements of the digital era that have led consumers to be much closer to brands.

Digital has become so important that traditional companies already understand that their marketing plan can not miss such basic aspects as the website, social networks, web positioning, CRM and even WiFi.

According to the 2015 annual report of IAB Colombia, Colombian companies made investments in digital marketing for 376,110 million pesos. While the average share of the advertising share of mobile and desk worldwide is 31% (Zenith Optimedia), in Colombia we are only at 14.42%. Although this does not place us on a par with the world market, our annual growth is still greater than 13% (PwC), which shows an encouraging outlook for digital marketing and digital development in the country.

Today, more than half of people in Colombia have access to the Internet, and of these 52% use a fixed Internet connection via broadband, while the other 48% use mobile Internet (MinTIC). 64% of Colombians access the Internet mainly from their smartphones (eMarketer), but the really curious thing is that of them, only 25% have a data plan, so the rest is connected to the Internet through recharges and WiFi networks .

How can WiFi generate profitability for companies?

Worldwide there are millions of establishments that offer WiFi to their customers, but the vast majority do not take advantage of this. New technologies have allowed strategies such as Social WiFi, which seeks that after a client connects, make your login through social networks, Like the page of the establishment in one of them, leave your email, share your basic information in profile with the company and even make a publication about the brand. Other solutions in the market are oriented to WiFi Monetization or WiFi Monetization, which in addition to requesting a login through social networks, leads the user to view an advertisement, answer a survey or download an app.

“WiFi Marketing has a great advantage for brands because it integrates online and offline marketing strategies without the user noticing it and represents a positioning tool, an added value for the customer, an opportunity to build loyalty and obtain valuable information from it and a new way to optimize investment in marketing.”

Generally, a 5Mbps Internet channel is enough for a small room, although if it has a good reception with its customers it can increase it on average to 10Mbps. If you compare this with the investment required to develop an app, motivate your download and promote its frequent use; the costs of WiFi Marketing are very low. Many companies combine both strategies to get the most out of it and reduce investments.

This is how WiFi Marketing is very important in digital marketing, positioning itself as a strategy of proximity, service and customer loyalty, research, activation in real time, promotion and advertising, and download and use of apps, which allows you to segment strategies, adjust them to the brand, direct them and manage them centrally. Some companies even radiate WiFi with a radius of 1 km looking to position themselves beyond their points and attract their potential customers nearby, which competes with traditional media such as BTL strategies and flyers.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: