Although traditional advertising is reluctant to die because there are still traditional entrepreneurs accustomed to conventional media such as the newspaper, radio and television, digital marketing has taken a lot of force in recent years. The reach of digital advertising and the measurement possibilities it offers are endless, because it gives us more accurate results reaching the public we really need.
Such has been its reception that it is expected that by 2019 investment in digital advertising will exceed television for the first time, something that is very telling if we consider that this medium has been the king of advertising for many generations.
Main benefits of digital advertising
Among the main benefits of this type of marketing is the possibility of choosing between different formats, which offers greater effectiveness and accuracy when it comes to publicizing a business, product or service. Next, we share five other advantages that this trend, which is gaining more and more acceptance among organizations worldwide, brings.
- Possibilities to reach a greater audience at low cost.
- Immediate access to metrics, statistical and analytical control of the behavior of consumers and potential customers.
- Reduction of the cost and time of sales, which translates into a good reputation and positioning of the company that offers a certain product or service.
- Possibility of reaching a specific niche or market in a correct way, including, offering information and / or contents according to your needs
- Provides data to create a Marketing strategy tailored to each Buyer Person and according to their role in the Purchase Cycle, with the approach that customers buy, instead of trying to sell them.
Some digital advertising formats
In the words of American entrepreneur Marc Benioff, the world is being reformed by the convergence of social, mobile, Cloud, Big Data, the community, among others, and precisely “the combination of these technologies opens an incredible opportunity to connect everything together. a new way and radically transforming the way we live and work. ” In other words, the world changed and with this the way to advertise.
Of course, digital advertising has different formats that can be implemented by organizations according to their needs. These are some of the most used today:
- Email Marketing: Send personalized information to your potential customers, it is an excellent alternative offered by digital advertising.
- Social networks: Reaching more people interested in your products or services is possible thanks to social media advertising. Best of all, platforms like Facebook generate important results with low investments.
- WiFi Marketing: WiFi Marketing represents a great advantage for brands because it integrates online and offline marketing strategies without the user noticing and is also a positioning tool, an added value for the customer, an opportunity to build loyalty and obtain valuable information about this, among other benefits.
- Mobile Ads: The importance that mobile devices have taken in recent years is really significant. Therefore, Google indicated that 2015 was one of the years in which mobile searches exceeded those of desktop. So it is necessary to think about advertising campaigns focused mainly on mobile devices.