Tik Tok is undoubtedly the revelation application of 2018. The evolution of Musical.ly has become a sensation for young people around the world, and has become a more downloaded app than Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. Tik Tok has more than 130 million active users in the West, especially among young people, a figure that is constantly growing. Therefore, it is configured as a very attractive showcase for a brand to be noticed.
“Tik Tok is one of the social networks that is experiencing more growth despite its recent appearance.”
- Create your company page: Tik Tok has a dedicated function for company pages. Businesses can add their ads to Tik Tok, and if from the social network they consider it to be quality content, they will be moved to the top of the users’ feed. This page works as a landing zone, which offers specific functions such as the possibility of collaborating with famous users in the social network
- Find the best time to publish: Most users of the social network use it between 20:00 and 24:00, so this section is the ideal to publish content, but you always have to take into account the preferences of your followers.
- Choose the type of content: Most of the content shared by Tik Tok users are music clips. Adapting to this format and using music wisely is key to attract attention. Originality is important, and choose an image that captures the attention of the public as well.
- Do not try to adapt other formats: Tik Tok has its own personality, so trying to adapt content from other platforms does not usually work very well. This is the case of TV ads, since the pages that use this type of content to promote themselves have fewer visits than others with content adapted to the social network.
- Find the ideal frequency: Frequency is essential (sometimes more than the information you want to tell about the company), and from the company itself, indicate that publishing content five times a week is the ideal measure to be noticed.
- Direct yourself to a young audience: 90% of Tik Tok users are under 35 years old, and 60% have higher education. This demography also uses Tik Tok with a daily frequency greater than that of other platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram. The 15-second clips that the social network allows have played especially well in the younger sector of the Internet.
- Interact with users: Follow the users who follow our page and answer whenever possible is very important to generate positive feedback with the community.