Business digitalization is already a reality in the field of large corporations, but it is also a relatively new process that we have to know thoroughly before we begin to incorporate it naturally and progressively into our own organization. What is the digitization process? Why is it worth betting on business digitalization?
Definition and examples of business digitalization
Explained in a very simple way we could say that digitize a company is a double process that consists of:
- Convert data from a paper format to a digital format.
- Turn into digital some basic processes that are carried out within the different areas and departments that make up a company.
This double definition or double slope of an integral process of business digitalization is best understood if we think of some basic and already classic examples:
Slow change from mail to email, reducing paper consumption, warehouse staff time and logistics, time spent supervising the external messaging contract, etc.
Incorporation of corporate documentation in different electronic formats, from the corporate website to the different electronic bulletins, diffusion mails, commercial or press releases, etc.
Incorporation into the company of different supports and means of internal and external communication, such as tablets, mobile phones, etc.
Incorporation of the electronic invoice in our commercial relations with customers and suppliers (always using software that complies with the regulatory requirements regarding electronic invoicing).
Use of the cloud as a storage medium for all types of data and corporate content.
Implementation of the so-called digital culture in our organizational chart, a way of working and dealing with the information that each and every member of our valuable human team must internalize.
Some entrepreneurs believe that digitizing a company consists of opening a corporate website, acquiring mobile devices for their workers or enabling an internal consultation intranet. That definition is correct, but it falls short because the reality is much wider, complex and, why not say, absolutely fascinating.
Main advantages of corporate digitalization
Incorporating digitalization into our corporate practices is an excellent idea from various points of view, but above all from the economic profitability since:
- The conversion of analogical documentation into digital facilitates the collaborative work between different departments, areas or, even, headquarters or branches of a large company.
- Working with digital documentation reduces paper consumption considerably. This reduction is not only seen in the monthly invoices of our suppliers of consumables, it also has a favorable effect on that ecological commitment, sustainable and careful with the natural resources that has acquired so much importance in recent years from the point of view of CSR or Reputation Corporate Social
- The digitalization software that supports this process of changing from a classic office to a digital office minimizes the errors of our team, directly and indirectly increasing their productive efficiency.
- The digitalization of administrative processes, logistics, supplier management or marketing and marketing helps to improve the necessary final customer experience, that competitive value that is increasingly important in the global market.
In summary, we could say that betting on digitalization in the business world means for the organization:
- A considerable saving of work time.
- A reduction in the volume of human errors that occur mainly in routine administrative tasks.
- An increase in the productivity of each member of the company.
- An improvement in the speed and quality of our customer service that translates into an improvement in the sense of final satisfaction of our consumer.
- A point in favor of our media projection as a sustainable company that respects the environment and saves natural resources.
- A considerable increase in the economic profitability of our organization.
Did you know about corporate digitalization process? I would like to read your opinion!