What competencies should we develop?
Digitalization is an inevitable and unstoppable process with the appearance of new digital competitors and the change of consumer habits.
The process of changing from an analog society to a new digital society implies new forms of organization, new business models, new channels of communication and distribution, the automation of the industry, the development of machine learning, the massive management of data, the Internet of things, the incorporation of a new digital native workforce.
In order to successfully face this new digital challenge, change must be addressed gradually, through people and processes.
In this scenario, the implementation of Agile methodologies is essential, so that the organization gains in speed and flexibility, in a changing market in which to operate with agility is the competitive advantage. Changing the way of working, without following the traditional hierarchies of companies, in multidisciplinary teams of groups of people that are organized by projects, not by functions.
It is essential, also, to develop in digital competitions the organization through people, developing:
- Positive and digital leadership that manages to influence and guide individuals towards digital transformation, to achieve high standards of effectiveness and commitment.
- Management of remote teams in a delocalized context and cultural diversity, to group and interrelate the activities and tasks of the team, distributing and allocating the resources and efforts necessary to achieve an end, with a performance and grouped performance.
- Plasticity and domain of uncertainty, adapt to the digital transformation interpreting, understanding and accepting the new reality and adjusting their expectations to adapt to the context. Integrate change and unpredictability as a constant variable on a day-to-day basis.
- Creative thinking and innovative vision, to produce and introduce new ideas, approaches, original solutions and transformative value propositions, in order to respond to customer needs and new market trends.
- Collaborative work in a network, collaborate in projects or multidisciplinary activities and / or with colleagues remotely, using collaborative tools that streamline decision making and teamwork.
- Intelligent processing and digital learning tracking to manage information effectively and efficiently, identifying, filtering, analyzing, prioritizing and exploiting data to facilitate action and decision making.
- Empowerment of a brand and social image, to be a committed ambassador of the “company brand”, contributing to increase its value and improving its public and social image, favoring the employer branding.
- Domain of technology, implementing technological advances to the daily routine to save time and costs and multiply productivity.
- Digital communication to share and interact with other users expressing ideas clearly and convincingly through the new channels and technologies.
- Autonomous learning, rapidly assimilating concepts, ideas and experiences, transferring daily activity and including new ways of working, defining self-management strategies for training.
- Social and emotional intelligence to recognize and manage one’s own emotions and those of others, assuming with flexibility limit situations and coming out stronger from them, maintaining positive relationships with their environment.
Digital governance responds to the question we all ask ourselves: where to start, proposing 5 consecutive steps:
- Start with unassessment of the starting situation in three axes: methodological, technical and organizational.
- Continue through the establishment, based on a correct business analysis, of the objective situation.
- With the identification of the GAPS, we will establish our road map of actions, prioritize them based on business, strategic and tactical needs, always aligned with internal capabilities and / or external requirements.
- By establishing the correct indicators we will begin to execute and implement our transformation actions with the help of AGILE and Development of Digital Competences.
- And always, we will measure the results in favor of the delivery of value and continuous improvement.
The new paradigm that our Society faces is that of a spiral of continuous change, that’s for sure. The key is to assume the unpredictability as a continuous variable, to reconvert, to know about technology and to reinforce itself competencially in what the machines are not capable of doing.