Layout, fonts and colors: You will need to master these three aspects of design.
Here I present the 7 design tools for social networks that will make them look perfect, but also help you improve the look of your blog, create a poster for a company event, design professional presentations, or even raise the level of design of your agenda or diary. It sounds good, right?
Perhaps one of the best known. Canva offers hundreds of templates, photographic resources and illustrations, as well as a wide variety of sources that allow you to experiment creating unique images for your social networks or blogs or even. Its simple interface allows you to click and drag on any element to move it, delete it or change it in shape or color. You have the option of using your pre-set templates or designing one from scratch. As easy as it sounds!
- Price: The free version gives you access to 8,000 templates, up to 10 team members and 1GB of storage.
- Platform: Web and iOS.
- Disadvantages: It is already used by so many people that its predefined templates are already recognizable!
- Advantages: You can always create your own template.
If you are a designer, you will immediately recognize the layout and visual language of this application. The design is characteristic of Adobe applications and, despite being an online and mobile platform, it is a very powerful and comprehensive tool that gives us a lot of control over what we design. There are hundreds of templates organized by different categories, from “images for social networks”, “event organization”, or even the category “how to make your business grow”.
Beyond helping you make graphic projects, Spark allows you to create web pages and videos. In the case of web pages are easy to assemble and you can share them from a direct link, while for videos comes equipped with a simple editing software.
- Price: Free for the basic plan and € 9.99 per month for the premium version, but if you have already contracted the Adobe Creative Cloud, it’s free!
- Platforms: Web, iOS.
- Disadvantages: The main disadvantage is that Adobe will add your logo in the bottom corner of all your designs. If you click on it, it will allow you to remove it “only once”, although in practice, it has been possible for me to do it almost every time.
- Advantages: How easy it is to change layout or template, even having advanced with the design. Other applications force you to start from scratch.
Snappa is an application similar to those mentioned above, but is more specialized in text editing. Change fonts, character alignment, spacing, size or color of text from the left panel. Superimpose your typefaces on images or illustrations to create greater visual impact.
- Price: Free for 5 downloads or monthly shares. 10 dollars per month for unlimited downloads.
- Platforms: Web, iOS.
- Advantages: The free plan is quite limited.
- Disadvantages: You can share your images without leaving the application.
- Alternative platform: Font Candy, also specialized in typographical graphics.
The king of color samples, with more than 13,000 chromatic ranges. Use this application to combine tones, generate harmonious color palettes and share them in your social networks. It is very useful if you are redecorating your house, designing a new website, or thinking about changing the colors of your Instagram feed.
- Price: 7 days free, and then $ 4.99.
- Platforms: iOS.
- Disadvantages: Only available on iOS.
- Advantages: If you have Photoshop, it allows you to send the images directly to the program or synchronize them with Creative Cloud.
- Alternative platform: If you’re just looking to create color palettes and see color combinations, try Adobe Kuler.
Paper is like a digital post-it wall. It is a very visual and very aesthetic way to translate your lists of tasks, ideas, projects or illustrations. Its application for iPad was awarded as “the app of the year” by Apple, and its version of iPhone has nothing to envy.
- Price: Free with purchases within the app.
- Platforms: iOS.
- Disadvantages: Once again, it is only available for iPhone.
- Advantages: You can share your walls in presentation format with whoever you want.
This tool allows you to create infographics through an Excel-like table of contents. The data is updated alone in real time and, in addition, you can have all kinds of pre-established templates that make the process much easier.
- Price: Free.
- Platforms: Web.
- Disadvantages: It has no mobile version.
- Advantages: You can share it directly in your networks.
This search engine offers us more and more solutions to streamline work processes and create projects quickly and with a very professional air. Google Docs presentation templates are very decent, and you also have access to the entire Google Fonts font file, a huge advantage over other programs.
- Price: Free.
- Platforms: Web, Android, iOS.
- Disadvantages: The inclusion of forms or illustrations in text files can be a bit tedious because it forces you to do it in another window.
- Advantages: The possibility of being able to edit the content live with other people.
As you already know, social networks have created an ecosystem for brands where they can present themselves to their consumers in many different ways, but it is no longer just a question of using all their functions, but of doing so by displaying all the aesthetic potential. Sure that being a brand or even influencer (like those of our Influencer HUB platform) this list of design tools has helped you to take ideas.
You no longer have excuses! Download the applications, move and get to work!