I want to share some social media tricks that will help you improve the daily management of your social networks. I will specifically talk about certain aspects of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google Business.
TIPS TO MANAGE THE FAN PAGE OF YOUR BUSINESS ON FACEBOOK
- Verification of the Facebook fan page. You do not have to be a big company or brand to verify your fan page. This will help users to know that the page is authentic. Doing it is very simple. Go to “Settings” and in the third option “Verification of the page” will give you the option to verify it through the phone that appears in the “Information” section. As soon as you click on “Call” you will receive a call with a code on that phone. Indicate in the box the code that you have been told and … You already have your page verified!
- Segmentation of publications by language if your target are audiences that speak different languages or geographical areas when you want to reach a public in a specific area. This will prevent you from publishing a post with the same text in several languages. You only have to segment by language before publishing or programming it. In the case that this option does not appear, check the configuration, specifically: “Audience of the news section and visibility of the publications”.
- Embed your posts in other sites. Your page will gain visibility and you can increase the interaction.
- If you manage different advertising campaigns of different clients, do it through Business Facebook. It is the tool that Facebook makes available to digital marketing agencies to securely manage different pages and advertising accounts.
- Never erase a negative comment, if you do not want it to be visible, hide it, but whoever wrote it and your friends can continue to see it. If you do, it could turn against you since you will only get your users even more angry. The first thing you should do in these cases is to answer the comment, but when this is offensive or lacks credibility, it is best to hide it, not delete it. The author and his friends will continue to see it, but not the rest of the followers.
- Rudeness filter. If your page, due to its subject matter, is prone to receiving offensive comments, I recommend you check the configuration of it. In “filter of rudeness” modify it to high and in “moderation of the page” write down those that are susceptible to be written and that do not interest us: scam, scoundrel, theft, cheating … and its derivatives with spelling mistakes.
- Opinions or user ratings. We refer to the ratings that users make about a business with physical location and that, in addition to the comment, add a rating of 1 to 5. These, as long as they are positive, will help us improve the online reputation of the company and achieve that other users trust the company. It is important to know that they can not be deleted. Only answer. If for some reason, we receive negative evaluations, it is best to answer them with arguments, so that other users can create their own opinion. However, in the case that we do not want it to appear, we have to choose to hide them all. How? In the information of the page, under the location map, you have the option: Show map and check-ins on the Page. Turn it off.
- Customize the image of the links. When you paste a post, you can modify the image that appears by default. The more visual it is, the better click through rate in the link you will achieve.
- By adding different images in a link as a carousel, you can customize each of them with a different link. This is highly recommended for example for a fashionable E-Commerce.
- If you want to publish a video, do not publish the Youtube link, upload it directly. Facebook will reward you with a greater organic reach. He does not like the content he directs to other sites.
- Create calls to action. Facebook offers different options: send private messages, contact, register, call… Edit the one that best responds to your interests.
- The milestones. If one of the values of your company or brand is your story, enrich your page by counting the most outstanding events.
- Private messages. Program an automatic message so that, when someone writes a message to you, quickly get an answer.
- Customize tabs that direct to third-party APPs. If you wish, you can modify the icon or change the order in which they are displayed. How? Display the menu of the tabs of your page and click on “Manage tabs”. Here you can change the name that is shown, the icon and the order.
- Upload animated gifs instead of JPGs. Obviously, this will be more expensive than simply creating an image in JPG, and therefore, higher cost, but the result is very attractive and will improve the engagement of the publication.
- If you are a community manager, the best way to learn is to see how the leading companies in each sector do it. To do this, create lists by themes of the pages that you are most interested in following.
TIPS TO MANAGE YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT
- Add the URL of your website in the BIO. In this way you achieve a quality link that will help you improve your SEO.
- Analyze the interaction that each of your tweets achieves through Twitter Analitycs. You will know which are the contents that work best.
- Mention correctly. Always add a “.” At the beginning of a tweet if the first word is a mention to another user.
- Label, in a restrained way, to other users in the images you publish. You can tag up to 10 accounts, as long as you are providing a benefit to those who tag. The opposite would be SPAM.
- Use the animated gifs offered by the mobile APP of Twitter to create more attractive tweets.
- Make sure that when you share a post on your blog, the title and the highlighted image of the blog are displayed. To do this you have to insert the famous Twitter Cards on your website or configure them through the pluging of SEO, Yoast.
TIPS TO TRIUMPH IN LINKEDIN.
Here are some tips, although in future posts we will discuss how to successfully manage your presence in this professional social network.
- Customize the url of your personal profile. It is very simple but many users do not take it into account. To do this you have to update the configuration of your profile and create a custom url. This will improve your personal brand and when communicating it on your business card or email signature, it will be much easier.
- Add multimedia content to both your excerpt and your various posts. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you have videos where a project where you have participated is presented, or a conference that you have given or simply a presentation of a case study of your own success, add it to your excerpt or to the job description to which they refer.
- Describe concisely and clearly your “Professional Title” and add key words. Never write down “On active job search” or “Looking for new projects”.
- Share your own content, your company or third parties. In this way you will gain visibility among your contacts and it will be a way to show you as an expert in your field.
TIPS TO TRIUMPH IN INSTAGRAM
- Forget about starting and closing Instagram session if you manage different accounts. You can now add different accounts to your mobile APP.
- Re-post the images that you like most from other users with the “Repost for Instagram” App.
- If you want to download an image, I recommend the Insta Download APP.
- Automatically post your photos on Twitter or Facebook. You will make your account known to your followers. On Facebook I only recommend it on personal profiles. In fan pages, the scope will be smaller.
- Create your own collages with the APP Layout.
- Specialize in a subject that you are passionate about.
- Analyze which are the photos that your followers like the most. One tool for this is www.iconosquare.com or use the statistics of Instagram if your account is company.
TIPS TO BE VISIBLE ON GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
- Get your customers to make positive reviews (4 or 5 stars). You can encourage them to leave you one, but without “buying” them, otherwise, Google will suspect and may penalize you.
- Answer all opinions. If they are negative, with more reason, but always in a constructive way.
- Keep all the information that appears on your file updated.
- Add attractive images of your facilities or your products.
- Insert in your web the embedded map where the thumbtack of the location of your business appears.
- Upload 360 views to your page, for that, you have to contact a trusted photographer from Google.
Thanks for reading the post and wish it has been interesting! If you want to add some trick, I’ll be happy to add it to the list. It’s your turn!